Mom, Dietitian, Advocate
I’m Steph Langdon
I’m a mom-at-home-entrepreneur working to open people’s eyes to the dietetic profession and the diversity that exists in our careers through my interview series. I spend my days chasing, feeding and trying to outlast my children where my purpose is to raise well rounded, healthy, contributing members of society.
As a Canadian born, raised and educated Registered Dietitian (RD), entrepreneur, and retired professional/national team volleyball player I bring my love of food, nutrition experience, competitive nature, and passion for personal development to all endeavours. I started my business, something nutrishus, and career in 2010, since then I have done one-on-one counselling, presentations/workshops, media appearances, social media strategy, communications consulting and more.
I understand the daily struggles, nutrition concerns, and confusion that people face as they strive to be their best and seek life satisfaction. My happiest days are spent exploring with my family, enjoying wine/coffee (or both!), and showcasing my amazing colleagues.
What I've Done
Sport dietitian & service provider
- Worked with athletes & teams on an individual/group basis (educational & hands-on sessions on various topics)
- Service provider to the Department of National Defence & Canadian Forces members & Certified Craving ChangeTM facilitator
- Administered Nutrigenomix test kits & counselled clients according to their unique genetic profiles
Food industry consultant & spokesperson
- Provided presentations to schools, teams, & groups
- Attended events & tradeshows to represent commodities/brands
- Developed resources/messaging & implemented social media campaigns
- Shared recipes/tips for wellness & personal development
- Freelance & branded work/posts
- Product reviews/giveaways that aligned with my core values
What Do You Do?
There isn't enough awareness or understanding around what dietitians do and I think I can help change that. I want students, interns, dietitians, and others to be inspired by what we’re capable of, to connect with each other and to see what’s possible within the profession.